[OM] Re: OM-1 meter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 meter
From: Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:36:54 +0100
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004, Mark Dapoz wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Nils Frohberg wrote:
>
> > hmm, up  to now, all  the screws i encountered  were very tight.  do you
> > maybe have an image/document showing this screw or describing the way to
> > access the circuit board?
>
> Look here:
> http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/tutorials/OM-1CoverRemoval/Setting100ASA.html
>
> The screws are the ones in the bottom left of the photo.  It's not a matter of
> how tight they are, but whether or not there is oxidisation at that point.
>
> >                     I have a  blue cable running from the ASA dial
> > to somewhere down in the body. but  it doesn't end on the little circuit
> > board that's connecting  the on/off switch. but thanks  already for that
> > info!
>
> It's the wire that runs into the little can that's under the "ASA dial".
> It'll make it's way across the prism under the shoe support bracket and then
> end up on the circuit board.  On older bodies it may be black in colour.
>                                       -mark

ok, looking at those screws there is a clear brown color on the screw
and the surrounding area. it seems to be parts corroding and parts old
glue (holding the blue cable).

--
The Things I'd do as Evil Overlord (www.eviloverlord.com):
 39. If I absolutely must ride into  battle, I will certainly not ride