[OM] Re: OM-1 meter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 meter
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:27:19 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Nils Frohberg wrote:

> just after  posting the message  i noticed that if  i turn the  ASA dial
> towards 1600, the meter moves. it gets until approx 1 stop underexposure
> at "B" with my current lighting  situation (desk lamp) and F1.8. i guess
> that means that the needle isn't stuck.

Check the meter ground (the screw close to the eyepiece), that's a typical
problem area.  A simple test to verify the meter is ok and properly grounded
is to desolder the meter wire (usually blue) from the circuit board and
measure the resistance between it and the case.  It should be roughly 1.5K.
                                -mark