[OM] Re: OM-2 vs. OM-2n (WAS: olympus Digest V1 #46)

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2 vs. OM-2n (WAS: olympus Digest V1 #46)
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:12:14 -0000
Carlos, I could speculate that it's because of the different behaviour of
the shutter on the 2 when used with T-series flash, which is the *opposite*
of your preference!  Quoting from eSif to make the difference clear:

"The OM-2n automatically sets the shutter speed at 1/60 sec with a T flash.
The OM-2 however will keep the shutter open when the flash does not give
enough output, using available light OTF as an addition to the light
produced by the flash. ...{but]... the electromagnetic shutter will quickly
drain the battery when it stays open for extended periods. "

There must surely be an opportunity for some crreative "looks like second
curtain flash sync" photo there?

Piers