[OM] Re: Valentines Day

Subject: [OM] Re: Valentines Day
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:24:10 -0500
Nice shot Graham and indeed perfect for Valentines Day. :)

I have a 500mm f8 Takahashi refractor that I thought about using for wildlife
photography but recently discovered that a tripod mount for the thing was
$100.  It seems a bit steep to me just for a mount but then again all the
acessories for it are pretty expensive.  If anyone has any other ideas for
mounting it to a tripod (68 mm tube diameter) let me know.  The tube is
relatively light but the overall length can be anywhere from 20" to 24"
depending on the focus.

Richard