[OM] Re: Camera Bears

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera Bears
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 03:21:39 -0700
Polar Bears-affirmative action, equal opportunity carnivores. PB
philosophy-if it moves it's on the menu. No hard feelings, it's just a food
chain thing.  As far as Grizzlies go we are like sushi- an aquired taste,
then it's like the Lay's potato chip slogan 'bet you can't eat just one'.
Grizzlies that cross that line are shot as there's not a lot of interest in
testing the theory. Kodiacs are just as big and both are faster than we are
and climb trees and swim, they have personalities and are not so
predictable, in short - fearsome. In their undisturbed environment with a
good berry crop and fish, and ruminant animals and outside of mating and cub
season there is not much trouble, but the rub is that they are not too
negotiable with the list. Two hikers spotted a staring grizzly (not a good
thing)  one of them tossed off his hiking boots, hastily reached into his
backpack and pulled out a pair of runners quickly  lacing them up. "Why are
you doing that?,  his friend replied , even with runners that bear can
outrun you!" "I don't have to outrun the bear", he said,"I just have to
outrun you!"

Gord