[OM] Re: Camera Bags

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera Bags
From: Jerry Liles <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:10:37 -0600
Polar bears have a very interesting coat.  The skin is black and the
hairs are actually nearly tranparent.  It has been shown the hairs act
as light pipes and conduct light to the skin where it can be absorbed as
heat.  It is also such excellent insulation that the bears are almost
invisible to infrared scopes.   As far as the coat being camoflage, it
is and it is very effective.  All predators are camoflaged to at least
some degree to hide them from prey so they can get into striking range.

Jerry Liles