[OM] Re: Tripods and security guards

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripods and security guards
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:58:06 +1100
>  > NSURIT@xxxxxxx <NSURIT@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>  Possible solutions: 1) Get the permit. 2) Ask permission in a casual
>>  enrolling manner.
>>  3) use a monopod.  4) Assume the part of a tourist, as everyone knows
>>  how
>>  stupid they are.
>
>Another idea:
>
>I heard about a bloke who fitted a tripod head to a walking frame
>(quadrapod ?)
>and used that in areas where no tripods were permitted.
>
>Wayne Harridge

A bicycle with a handlebar mount and a side stand might work too. Set
the shot up while pretending to adjust the cables or something
similar. At least you could get away from the security boneheads
faster and it would be useful for those moving night shots of yours
too, Wayne. Much more stylish than that three-wheel walker I saw in a
junk shop for $20 the other day.
Then there's the Day of the Jackal option with the modified crutches.....
AndrewF