[OM] Re: Tripods and security guards

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripods and security guards
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:03:38 EST
In a message dated 1/26/04 10:21:15 AM Central Standard Time,
d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I only had half my tongue in my cheek, Bill. I tend to know my rights, and
> their limitations. But in circumstances where I am on the public highway
> or its adjoining footpath, I do as I d*mn well please with my tripod,
> without causing an obstruction.

Don, I only responded because I saw a bit of myself in your original post.
These kind of things are ones I generally play by ear.  Sometimes it is to just
act stupid or act like you belong there and trust that you will be able to
get what you want.  The photograph I recently sent to Shutter was one I took
while trespassing on another's property.  No pretenses.  There was something I
wanted to photograph and I did.  Spent about 2 hours doing it.

There is a beautiful lighted fountain in Houston which is a semicircular wall
of water.  It is lit at night and is just fabulous except anyone with a
tripod will be chased away by the security people.  I have spoken with a client
of
mine who works for the company who owns the thing and they seem to think they
can get my "official" permission to set up a tripod and capture some images.
I'll probably save that bullet until there are some other Zuikoheads with me.

Your country is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful I've seen and
contrary to popular opinion, the weather can be fabulous.  On a twelve day
visit 3
or 4 years ago, we experienced about a day and a half of rain.  The people
were delightful and the food excellent.  My wife wanted to come home, sell
everything and move.

After seeing your original post, I have a better understanding of what the
wall was all about. {8^))))  Bill Barber