Re: [OM] Additional fee for using PayPal

Subject: Re: [OM] Additional fee for using PayPal
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 00:12:53 EST
I do see what you are saying, but they will still benefit because they will
still collect that fee (3%) no matter who passes it on to whom. I think the
convenience of Paypal will keep the majority of people using it and they won't
worry about paying extra. Then again, you can estimate what paypal will charge
you as a fee and just make that amount part of shipping/handling!  I see lots
of auctions that will charge $13 or $15 shipping when I know it would only cost
them $4 to my address. I don't bid on those.

George S.

olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Exactly, and they don't want their prefered payment method to cost more
than other alternatives, thus driving business away from their newly
purchased cash cow.

Moose