Re: Re: [OM] Additional fee for using PayPal

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Additional fee for using PayPal
From: fred42@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 08:30:34 -0500
Intriguing problem you have found there Piers :)

I would believe that you would be able to send the money but it would be held
by Paypal until the recipient  does one of two things.

Refuses the payment (in which case you would be refunded the full amount).
Upgrades their account.

In the event of you doing this and the seller being unresponsive to the
situation (i.e. you hear nothing back and the payment remains pending), you
would still be able to cancel the payment.

The person you are sending the payment to would get an email saying if you want
to accept this payment you have to upgrade or deny it.

Being a Brit in the US it has been a while since I dealt with Paypal's UK
interface so it surprised me that they only let you fund it from a CC. When I
was living at home a couple of years back I had a Paypal account, but that was
the bad old days before eBay bought them (now we are in the current bad days ;)

Paypal has a lot of flaws but hold a monopoly of the situation.

Hope this helps you sort out what would actually happen when you send that
payment.

Dan S.