Re: [OM] Additional fee for using PayPal

Subject: Re: [OM] Additional fee for using PayPal
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 07:30:11 EST
I was only making the distinction to show that there is a difference. IOW,
we're saying the same thing, that accepting PayPal does not necessarily mean
you
are accepting credit cards, and hence, charging a fee over the selling amount
would not be illegal.

Instead of extra shipping charges, which I hate, we could add say- $5 to the
reserve price.
Once the price goes over reserve, we can't really bitch that we are charged a
fee to accept payment, can we?

George S.

 fred42@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Aah but when you have an account that can accept Credit Card payments *all
incoming funds to that account are charged the same fee (base + percentage).
Which I am sure you will agree is a pain.

I have personally lost about $200 of sales prior to having to upgrade.
Paypal doesn't make it clear to buyers that not all sellers will take cards
and even go as far to put in your listing CC logos when you don't take
cards... This is the reason you see some people saying they don't take cards
in the listing yet they still have the symbols.

I just had enough of it and upgraded, and though I hate to do it I either
have to eat the cost or have shipping and handling charges that reflect the
cost of the transaction (that I hate doing the most).

Sad...

Dan S.