Re: [OM] Lens cap question

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens cap question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 00:51:36 -0800
I just walked out to the kitchen and the second plastic lid I tried fit the rubber version of the hood perfectly. Don't know what it is from, maybe from the nice blue color, a can of roasted almonds. I didn't find one to fit the metal version. In any case, a trip to the supermarket to peruse the many canned products that come with plastic caps to use once they are opened may work. I've found caps for other hoods this way.

Another solution is the caps made by Hama, available many places, inculding B&H. These caps are pinched from inside, rather than the rim, so they can be put on and off with hoods on. They aren't as nice as the very good similar design from Tamron, but the Tamrons don't come in 49mm. My 35-105/3.5-4.5 and 135/4.5 wear their hoods all the time and have Tamron 55mm caps because the Oly caps just won't work with the hoods on.

Moose

Daniel Sepke wrote:

So my question is does anyone know of a suitable cap that would fit over the
hood or some thing else that would serve duty instead?