Re: [OT] Battery comments WAS: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4495 and othe

Subject: Re: [OT] Battery comments WAS: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4495 and others...
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:55:48 EST
    Yes they are. I was only stating that the "smaller" argument is not
really valid because the camera was actually made larger with the proprietary
pack.
And with the advances in battery technology and camera power technology, the
gap is narrowing for that argument as well. I remain very skeptical of the
manufacturer's true motive.

    Don't forget also, that battery replacement in the field is only easier
IF you had bought another battery, AND you remembered to keep it fully charged.
You may say the same is true for AAs, but not so. I also keep a set or two of
AA alkalines in the bag just in case I wind up shooting more or longer than I
planned, or the kids stole my fully charged extra set of rechargeables and
didn't let me know, or I returned to the hotel room last night and forgot to
put
them in the charger. You can't have that extra peace of mind with some
proprietary pack.

George S.

chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
But a single lithium is indeed smaller and lighter than 4AAs with similar
capacity, battery replacement on the field is also easier. Anyway this will
not be a point for my DC selection, the most important things are image
quality, lenses and speed of operation, of course the price too.