Re: [OT] Battery comments WAS: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4495 and othe

Subject: Re: [OT] Battery comments WAS: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4495 and others...
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:25:25 EST
Yes, I think the fact that the camera manufacturer can squeeze out probably
half the profit they realize on the camera body again on just an extra battery
is what is driving them. I don't think its any performance or size improvement
at all. As already stated, Olympus actually increased the size when they went
to the 5060 model, and with modern AA rechargeable battery improvements, and
the great reduction of power requirements recently seen in the newer cameras,
profit seems to be the main motive.

George S.

chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Due to the high energy density and no memory effect, lithium rechargeable
will be
the future and also the camera manufacturer can earn some money there