[OM] well said, Skip...

Subject: [OM] well said, Skip...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:17:30 -0600
"Always pay for good film and processing.  With all the money we spend on
equipment, good film and processing are cheap, don't skimp."

I'd like to think that Skip learned this from one of my many impassioned
posts, but I'm sure he knew it long before. This is the thing that drives me
nuts. Sure, I sometimes use the drugstore, for unimportant snapshots, but I
go to a real pro lab for my chromes and stuff.

How, I ask, can people (especially the semi-regular posts on photo.net)
judge a camera or lens with drugstore processing? Moreover, how can anyone,
and I mean anyone, judge color from a print? There's a hundred times more
range from one end of acceptable to the other with color balance than with
lenses and film.

Whew, got that off my chest!

Bill Pearce