Re: [OM] OM -1 shutter speeds

Subject: Re: [OM] OM -1 shutter speeds
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:50:15 -0600
You can set the lens aperture ring "between" stops, but not the shutter
speed dial.  Each speed setting represents a specific postion on the
cams that set the governor (for slow speeds) and the spacing between
curtains at higher speeds (above 1/60th).  These settings are like
steps, not a gradual incline, and the governor has several mechanisms
that all have to be controlled properly to engage various portions of
the escapement at the proper time.  Set the dial between speeds and
there's no telling what the effect on speeds would be.