Re: [OM] OM Pin-hole photography problem - help!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Pin-hole photography problem - help!
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 22:26:31 -0800
Curtis P. Hedman wrote:

I decided to try pin-hole photography with my OMs recently... I bought a body cap with a drilled piece of stainless steel in the center. When I tried it out on my -4T, I expected a pretty long "open shutter" time, given the f/stop is on the order of 180 or so. To my surprise, almost every exposure I tried clicked off at about 12-14 seconds, regardless of what I pointed the camera at.

That's much longer than I usually use for my OM pinhole body cap.

I'd say put the camera on manual, meter a stable daylight scene with a
handheld meter and record the exposure data, then put on the pinhole and
bracket from 1/4 second to 8 seconds, develop, and see what the best
exposure was. Use that exposure and the metering data to compute a
proper daylight exposure for the cap.

(My body cap is home made, copper sheet instead of stainless, I didn't
feel like springing for one of those laser-drilled apertures.)

--
HELP WANTED: Insurance Agency in Renton, Washington, seeks motivated
self-starter for independent insurance producer position.  Set your own