[OM] Olympus is failing in Marketing

Subject: [OM] Olympus is failing in Marketing
From: "S. Morales" <miadolphins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:53:39 -0600
A few days ago I had written a post over Olympus's marketing strategy,
basically saying they were getting out-smarted by Canon.

Well today Olympus ran a brochure, a stand alone ad in my local newspaper,
titled- OLYMPUS -Designed-to Do More. So You Can Give More.

Pretty brochure, covers some of their point and shoot digitals, the
All-Weather Metal-All-Digital stylus cameras, some 35 mm cameras, their
C-Series Digital Cameras, but no metion is made of their new highly touted
E-1 digital "pro-camera"?

Come-on guys is it just me or what?

Is Olympus really trying to be a player in the pro-digital camera market, or
will they do the same thing they did to the OM series?

Please guys, write to Olympus Tokyo, I will!

Sam....