Re: [OT] Words and their meanings was Re: [OM] Re: OT now Coke, mutating

Subject: Re: [OT] Words and their meanings was Re: [OM] Re: OT now Coke, mutating to chemistry and etc...
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:58:35 -0000
"cultural imperialism"?

Au contraire, cobber.  I deliberately avoided my first choice OED to avoid
precisely that charge.

Piers

PS Cultural pedant? Aye, mebbe, but since I can't contribute to discussions
of the chemistry of sugars, KKs, SUVs or radionucleides, can't you forgive
me jumping on the one thing I can contribute?  Ah g'wan, yer will, yer will.