Re: [lens] Re: [OM] Zuiko lenses on Digital Rebel

Subject: Re: [lens] Re: [OM] Zuiko lenses on Digital Rebel
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:41:23 +1100
Actually, OM's are deeper than just about any other camera body except Nikon. Half a millimeter deeper than Pentax. Therefore it is theorically possible to make an adaptor for fitting a Zuiko to just about any other body as the lens can sit slightly off the lens mount (just as a Leica Screw lens sits 1mm above an M mount in its adaptor - Leica planned for that when they changed the mount). But not vice versa - for instance M42 lenses need an adaptor with a lens element for OM and Nikon bodies to correct for that damn half mm. A more important problem is the lens mount throat diameter - Canon is very large so the adaptor is relatively easy.
AndrewF
(Still trying to fit a Zuiko on a Leica screw)

Alpa, Canon FD, Konica, Miranda are shallow enough. Pentax is not.

See http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mounts.htm for flange depths.

tOM

On Wednesday, November 05, 2003 at 9:28