Re: [OM] Control pack charging

Subject: Re: [OM] Control pack charging
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:45:34 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Walt Wayman wrote:

> I'll be the first to admit that there's a lot I don't know about
> some of my Oly gear, but this is the first I've heard about
> Olympus NOT recommending the use of the relay cords with the Ni-Cd
> control packs.

The instruction sheet for the relay cord says:

  "The Relay Cord 1.2m is used to connect the Motor Drive 1 to either the
   Control Grip 1 or the M.AC Control Box."

The sheet is dated Feb/78 which is well after the Ni-Cd Control Pack was
introduced.  All the photos and examples on the sheet only show the
Control Grip 1 and M.AC Control Box.  I doubt the abscence of the Ni-Cd
Pack is accidental.

> Did they change their tune later, like between 1 and 2?

Probably.  Besides the power issues we just discussed, the physical connection
between the relay cord and the Ni-Cd Pack is very poor.  Anyone who has tried
it will tell you how easily the cord falls off the pack.  I suspect this also
lead them to not recommending using them together.
                                        -mark