Re: [OM] Control pack charging

Subject: Re: [OM] Control pack charging
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:44:26 -0000
Answering only your question Walt (and not wanting to contribute to the
non-recommendation or not of NiCad+Relay Cord - I don't know!) the "other DC
power sources" speaks to me of the DC input terminals on the Relay Cord
being used for non-OM power sources while "renote control equipment" is a
clear reference to the A&B terminals on the opposite side of the Relay Cord
plug, and the facility to trigger one or more Motor Drives using wires
connected to A&B (which would also be non-OM).

If I recall aright, the OM instruction sheet even says something along the
lines of "touch the wires together to release the shutter.  If you are way
cool, you can put a switch on the ends of the wires, but big boys don't need
no switches..."

Piers

--snip

> "The Relay Cord can also be used with other DC
> power sources and remote control equipment."  What else might that
> be?

--snip