Re: [OM] [OT] film quest

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] film quest
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:52:13 -0400
Fall colors and prints you can hang proudly?  You might as well through
accuracy out the window and get something with extra
saturation.  If you're new to this stuff, make darned sure everything works a
few days before you shoot and take extra batteries
unless you have a 1[n] or 2[n].

Next, meter carefully and often, shoot carefully and make every shot count.
Then bite the bullet and take that roll to a pro lab.
It will be intimidating and the cost, oh my brother, the cost will take your
breath away.  If you find one frame that says it all,
spare no expense and have the pro lab make one print for you.  It doesn't have
to be big but I strongly suggest glossy paper.

Most importantly, don't show anyone the whole roll.  You edit in the lobby of
the lab and throw away the rejects even before you get
to the car.  They don't matter.  (How many CD do you have that consist of 10
takes of a single track?  So it should be with scenic
photos.)  Show the good ones and don't discuss the obvious misses.

Lama