Re: Re: [OM] Noisy T32

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Noisy T32
From: lamadoo@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:25:11 -0400
The way I read this, you have no knowledge of electronics but you're proposing
an experiment on a T32's high voltage circuit with unproven, possibly damaging
techniques.  I've heard of using shellac on windings but not school glue.  What
happens when you cycle the T32 a few times and the school glue reaches 150 F?
I know the stuff is not flammable but there's no reason to assume that Elmer's
glue has been designed to withstand temperature cycling inside a transformer,
right?  I think white glue is mostly gelatin and water.   My guess, having
taken only one semester of materials engineering and 2 semesters of college
chem, is that it would breakdown under heat, the water would come out of
suspension, and run all over the inside of the flash, a gluey sludge.  If the
foot has a crack, it might run into the shoe socket, into the pentaprism area
of a 1 or 2 before the owner notices it.  If you don't have expertise on a
technical topic, why would you propose a technical solution, t!
hen ask if it makes sense, technically speaking?  Am I missing something?

All the best,
Lama