Re: [OM] E-1 lenses resolution vs. conventional lenses - fact or hype?

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 lenses resolution vs. conventional lenses - fact or hype?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:50:29 -0400
The switch to Canon is probably due to three things - first, and most
important, is the fact that Canon's pro service far outstripped Nikon's;
Nikon sat on its can, and Canon grabbed pro-loyalty by servicing that
audience really well. Second, Canon has a number of terrific fast primes
that Nikon doesn't; and three, the IS lenses, which allow shooting a
lower speeds handheld - and, in fact, allow handheld shooting that would
otherwise be impossible. The success with the newbies then builds on the
fact that Canon can show all the pros with the white lenses.