Re: [OM] Odd Zuiko on Ebay?

Subject: Re: [OM] Odd Zuiko on Ebay?
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:59:17 +0100
All Olympus lenses were called zuiko until recently. AFAIK it was the IS
series when they started calling them "Olympus lens".
Does anyone know why Japanese camera manufacturers always invented a
different name for the lenses? Is it as simple as a market belief that a
company couldn't do both bodies and lenses well, or was it trying to emulate
the German lens manufacturers inventing different names for bodies?

Julian