Re: [OM] E-1 lenses resolution vs. conventional lenses - fact or hype?

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 lenses resolution vs. conventional lenses - fact or hype?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:34:03 -0700
on 10/10/03 9:52 AM, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> How about anyone who didn't want to have to shoot all the time in manual
> stop-down mode? ;-)I'd suggest that the adapter would be a way to get
> Zuikoholics into the tent, and once there, most people would eventually
> buy one or more of the E-1 lenses.

It will go the other way with me... I'm not likely to want to use my
brand-new E-1 (or E-5 by the time I can afford it...) -all the time- with my
OM lenses. So it will come with at least one usable E-series lens right
away. Then after I've used the long tele Zuikos and the other special lenses
I want (e.g. 50/2.0 macro) and seen what they can do I'll decide which
additional E-series lenses I'd be interested in. Hopefully by that time
there will be a considerable range include fast primes (or faster zooms) as
well as the likelihood that the 'E-5' body will have higher and better
quality ISO equivalents available. If the camera is truly usable and
produces good pictures with the E-series lenses I can definitely see myself
getting more than one lens eventually, but I would never start out with
-just- the body.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...