Re: [OM] E-1 lenses resolution vs. conventional lenses - fact or hype?

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 lenses resolution vs. conventional lenses - fact or hype?
From: ll.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:48:29 -0400
In <v04220802bbac52871e42@[192.168.1.100]>, on 10/10/03
   at 08:32 AM, Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>Simply put, there are not enough of us Zuiks to matter in a photo market
>where the least significant digit is 100,000 cameras sold, and the
>internal debate at Olympus on production of an OM-E1 adapter probably
>turns on the likely profitability of such an adapter were it offered, and
>not on any possible effect on the larger market for the E1.

I sometimes wonder whether in these discussions there is ever a sense that
they owe something to long-term enthusiasts of the marque, even if
producing that adapter is done whilst earning little or no profit for the
item?

For that matter, is there *any* corporation that shows evidence of that
sense any more? Perhaps small businesses...