Re: [OM] Sigma lens problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Sigma lens problem
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 17:04:05 -0500
Waitaminute,waitaminute, Wait A Minute!  We're missing the most important
part of this!  Forget the lens!  What about the OM-1n????

__Was the lens really shipped mounted on the body?__
If so, I'd be more concerned with the potential for damage to the body,
vis a vis the distance from the lens mount to the film rails.  Any impact
severe enough to damage or break a filter is capable of damaging the
casting of a camera body, perhaps even enough to fracture it.  Shoot a
roll quick and check for focus accuracy, or get it to a shop that can
check body focus.

And I don't believe Postal Insurance would cover damage which results from
improper packing.