Re: [OM] Sigma lens problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Sigma lens problem
From: "Danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:31:56 -1000
To bad you didn't just send it back to him.
I'm amazed how poorly people pack shit.
It might not be worth it to have it repaired if it cost as much as you
already spent.
XDan

I just bought a Sigma 70-210mm f2.8 APO lens from a guy on the dreaded
auction site. It came with a 77mm haze filter and an OM-1n. The guy
packed the lens, camera and filter (all atteched to each other) in a
ziploc bag and threw it in a box with a few peanuts. When it got here
the filter was smashed to pieces (many of which had marred the front
optic on the lens) and jammed so tight I had to cut it off. Other than
a couple of marks on the front optic, the lens seems to have survived
relatively intact (to the best of my ability to observe). Anyone out
there know what I should do now? Can Sigma repair this lens for me? Do
you think they'd even stock the part?

-Rob