Re: [OM] Sigma lens problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Sigma lens problem
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:14:31 EDT
In a message dated 10/2/03 6:19:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I just bought a Sigma 70-210mm f2.8 APO lens from a guy on the dreaded
>  auction site. ..... Can Sigma repair this lens for me? Do
>  you think they'd even stock the part?

Hi Robert,
Sorry to hear about the lens. It's supposed to be a good one! Perhaps Gary
Edwards can comment about the Sigma's performance. About three years ago I
purchased a Sigma 180 F2.8 macro for a bargain price expecting some problem and
sure enough there was a problem. One element had a slight haze. I called Sigma
and was told that the element might not be available, but to send it in and
they
would do their best to fix it. Sigma replaced the element and adjusted the
tripod collar for a very reasonable price. It took forever to get it back, but
it was returned in excellent condition. The front element of many Sigma's is a
clear UV filter as stated in their brochures. Good luck.

Gary Faulkenberry