[OM] Sigma lens problem

Subject: [OM] Sigma lens problem
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:17:22 -0700
I just bought a Sigma 70-210mm f2.8 APO lens from a guy on the dreaded auction site. It came with a 77mm haze filter and an OM-1n. The guy packed the lens, camera and filter (all atteched to each other) in a ziploc bag and threw it in a box with a few peanuts. When it got here the filter was smashed to pieces (many of which had marred the front optic on the lens) and jammed so tight I had to cut it off. Other than a couple of marks on the front optic, the lens seems to have survived relatively intact (to the best of my ability to observe). Anyone out there know what I should do now? Can Sigma repair this lens for me? Do you think they'd even stock the part?

-Rob