Re: [OM] New E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] New E-1
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:07:30 EDT
In a message dated 10/3/2003 12:58:06 AM Central Standard Time,
danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Are you sure guy on the cost of the 300mm digital lens?
Olympus Zuiko 300mm f2.8 E-ED Digital Telephoto Lens for the E Digital
SLR System. $6,999.95
Holy cow, Batman!  I just checked the specs on the lens and camera.  My OM
2S, with Tamron 1.4X or 2X and 400mm f4 actually weighs less than the E-1 with
the 300mm f2.8.  Well, there goes the weight advantage.  We still have the auto
focus, focal length, lens speed & instant results issues.  Well, maybe the
second mortgage on the house will wait a bit.  Bill Barber