Re: [OM] New E-1 & gravity

Subject: Re: [OM] New E-1 & gravity
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 10:40:48 -0400
Odd...I've been routinely working with a pair of Nikon F100s - one
mounting the 85 1.4, the other the 17-35 f 2.8 - and two to three Leica
Ms; and I don't pull my neck muscles and I am neither 'in shape' nor
what anyone would call 'strong.'

BTW - Try the E-1; it is definitely lighter and more compact than the
Nikon or Canon digital you were looking at - and the lenses are MUCH
more compact. If you love the OM concept, and are ready for digital, you
will love the E-1 concept.

As to those who complain that there is not a complete system ready at
launch - 10-15-20 lenses, all accessories, etc. - I would only wonder
how many people on this list are working pros who need complete systems?
For that matter, how many people, or what percentage of people, on this
list  normally go out with more than a single body and one to three
lenses? It's certainly nice to look at a Nikon or Canon flow chart with
all those millions of lenses and add-ons, but what do you really use?
Olympus already has the 35 equivalent of 28 to 600 mm - and macro, plus
a state-of-the-art flash, a powerbooster/long-life battery, and a
telextender - covered with it's launch. They promise to have the lens
range extended to 22 mm by years end, or early next year, and they say
they will continually update and extend their system, and offer a lower
end body. So forgetting for a moment that there are people here who
dislike the company, "don't trust" the company - what more do you need
or want than what's being offered and promised for the future?

All I can suggest is that as the E-1 arrives in stores, go handle it; I
think people will be very pleasantly surprised.

B. D.