Re: [OM] london pics

Subject: Re: [OM] london pics
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:46:25 -0500
At 01:34 AM 9/23/03, Siddiq wrote:
just 12 of them, mind, at least for now. hope you like. comments and criticisms always welcome.
[snip]

Excellent "eye" for architectural geometric patterns and overall excellent choices in when to shoot them (how they're illuminated). A few comments about some selected ones (numbered from left->right, top->bottom):

#1 -- Excellent "flat" without much depth other than the relief of the horseman . . . and it works very, very well cropped square.
#2, 6, 11 -- Dramatic perspective lines formed by the structures.
#3 -- See what happens if you rework this to increase density of the activity at the other end of the tunnel to show its detail (looks like you might have sufficient detail). Work with the left side to see if you can make it parallel to the edge of the photograph; oddly, the right side looks like it might be OK [???]. #5 -- Very nice symmetry and dramatic lighting. I like how you placed the intersection near the top (versus the center). My favorite of the lot. #7, 9 -- I like the profile better; simpler background and lighting angles look better to me. #13 -- Very interesting [canal ??]. Reflection reminds me of Monet style impressionism. #14 -- Well composed slide . . . try blurring the background in the digital image if you can do that with your software. It is separated from its background some by its bold colors versus the bland background colors. I believe it would be even more separated from it if you had used a shallower depth of field to help isolate it by blurring the background detail. Otherwise very well composed in the frame.

Well done!

-- John