Re: [OM] Chromes: Opinions on Agfa?

Subject: Re: [OM] Chromes: Opinions on Agfa?
From: "Daryl Hurley" <dhurley1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:30:30 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 2:49 PM
Subject: [OM] Chromes: Opinions on Agfa?

Speaking of films, as I have been "out of it" for awhile (many will say I'm
PERMANENTLY out of it in many areas), what are opinions of
Agfachromes?..............

Earl,

For what it's worth, I've used several hundred feet of the Agfachrome 100
(metered at 125) so far this summer at various motorsports events.  I find
it to deliver very "true" color, particularly good with skin tones, also,
surprisingly good color rendition at night under mixed flood lighting
without flash.

Also use Kodak 100VS (at 100) and Velvia (at 50).  I tried a  couple rolls
of Fuji Provia 400F, ok on color, but it forced me to choose between shutter
speeds that were too fast or apertures that were too small.(too much depth
of field).

Daryl Hurley
Topeka, KS