re: [OM] 81A filter as a regular leave on camera filter?

Subject: re: [OM] 81A filter as a regular leave on camera filter?
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:40:17 -0700

>I seem to like the slight warmth from the 81A filter matches the cooler
>Fuji films quite well..  I'm rather pleased with it..  Can I leave it on
>permanently instead of my UV filter?  What situations would that not be
>good?
>
>Albert

Not good would be low angle early morning or evening with lots of red
already. IMO If you process your photos in Photoshop there is little
reason to use any of the mild color correction filters. They might do
more harm than good in front of your expensive glass. Exceptions might
include a polarizer  or correcting for a specific color such as
florescent lighting or high altitude UV. If you think fuji is too cool
why not try something else?

Mike