Re: [OM] ...........Reprise What do you use old film containersfor?.....

Subject: Re: [OM] ...........Reprise What do you use old film containersfor?........
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:24:46 -0700
John Wheeler wrote:

Yes, but what if you don't use that particular camera body again for some time?
Ah, I see. My batteries like that go in the other camera that is now being used or in a pencil tray in my desk drawer where they can't short out and are instantly accessable. I never carry used batteries in the bag(s) as backups, that just seems like asking for trouble. Any batteries in a camera are used, but I can be sure there is at least one set on unused batteries on hand.

Moose

Back in the early eighties when I bought my Mamiya ZE-X I found that
leaving the batteries in without using the body caused corrosion to the
battery contacts (maybe the same thing happens with OM's). I therefore cut a
piece of cardboard to fit neatly across the centre of a film can and stored
the batteries on either side. Been doing it ever since!

That doesn't sound useful for me. I can just see myself reaching for the extra roll I thought I saw in the bag and finding batteries instead. I would opt for something smaller and less easily misconstrued. The cheap little flip top contact lens cases someone mentioned sound better. Just one man's opinion.