Re: [OM] ...........Reprise What do you use old film containersfor?.....

Subject: Re: [OM] ...........Reprise What do you use old film containersfor?........
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:46:33 -0400
I still hear from people who brag about getting 5-10 years out of a mercury
1.35V battery.  What they don't notice is that that old battery is sweating
a clear corrosive liquid that runs down the battery contact and oozes into
the wire, which (eventually) takes it up to the meter circuit. This ruins
the meter wire and can eventually eat through the lands of the circuit.

The other side of the coin is that Olympus made a huge booboo during part of
the OM-1 production run by accidentally using acid  flux on the battery
contact solder joint .  I think this was mentioned in the "Tomosy" (?) OM
book (not sure of spelling).
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714