Re: [OM] Tamron 90/2.5 and Fittings Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 90/2.5 and Fittings Question
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:27:48 +0200
As far as I remember with the Canon adapter, you have to set the lens to
the largest aperture, not to 'A for auto'; I do not have an instruction
sheet at work unfortunately. Some of the other adapters are more difficult
than the Olympus one to get off and on...

Roger Key

Andrew wrote:

Good prices - the 90mm usually sells for $150-200 alone, if it is the
later version with the plastic body and 55mm filter. If not, the
earlier one is heavier, better built and takes a 49mm filter and is
worth almost the same. The tube wil give you 1:1 but is a bit of a
nuisance. Hardly worth the effort.
You remove the adaptor by pushing in a small, rectangular button on
the side - it's the only chrome bit in front of the chrome ring on
the oly mount - that is, it's forward of the two standard Oly
buttons. To remove, grip the knurled ring tightly, press the button
in and turn anti-clockwise while looking from the back (that's
counter-clockwise or widdershins!) It will r4elease after about a
one-eigth turn. To fit the new one, match the green dots and do the
reverse. Make sure that the black lug drops into the slot provided -
you can slide it around one the ring is mounted.
AndrewF