Re: [OM] offer for hot camera maybe?

Subject: Re: [OM] offer for hot camera maybe?
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:07:07 -0300

> What may happen is that once you agree to the deal, then you may be
> asked for something small first, like a credit card number (for
> security only - we won't charge you until...) The idea is to draw you
> in slowly to something you would normally accept, step by step.
> That's how the 'Nigerian' scam works. If they ask for nothing and
> send the camera, then all you have to worry about is that it's not
> stolen, reject stock, damaged stock, non-guaranteed grey market, etc.
> etc. etc.....
> AndrewF

Yes, it did cross my mind that paying could run into a real hassle, such as
"We didn't receive your money order", or "We only accept credit card", etc.
Also, like Bill has said, I am not too comfortable with the way they are
circumventing 3bay either, though it is more a matter of principle for me
than any love for the auction site.
If anyone wants to be the guinea pig, I can forward the offer off-list.
I think I'll order mine from B&H when the time comes. I just keep holding
off a bit more, hoping a better solution will come along. I think I'd be
quite happy with the E-1, if it were a few K cheaper :-)
Maybe the new C@n0n R*b*l DSLR with adapter might be the answer for me.
Wayne