Re: [OM] Tamron 90/2.5 and Fittings Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 90/2.5 and Fittings Question
From: "rmaust" <rmaust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:44:32 -0700
Thanks for the info, it sounds like the 90/2.5 was a good deal.  It's the
earlier 49mm 52B model and feels nice and solid.  The adaptall mount it came
with is for the C*non FD, and from the instructions it appears that it has 2
coupling levers, and that you need to release the AE setting first.  It
looks like it's one of those things that's simple when you know how, but I'm
not finding the correct combination/sequence of things to push and turn or,
if I am, then it's really a tight fit.  Anyway, I don't want to do any
damage, and since I'm working from home today, I think I'll just take it
along to my local camera store.

RickM
(in digest mode)

> From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<snip>
> Good prices - the 90mm usually sells for $150-200 alone, if it is the
> later version with the plastic body and 55mm filter. If not, the
> earlier one is heavier, better built and takes a 49mm filter and is
> worth almost the same. The tube wil give you 1:1 but is a bit of a
> nuisance. Hardly worth the effort.
</snip>

> From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Now I have checked the instruction sheet, and the only comment is to set
> the lens to the maximum aperture; if your mount has an AE lock mechanism
> and is set to the AE position, you should depress the AE lock button to
> release the AE setting, and then move the ring to the maximum aperture.

>> From: "rmaust" <rmaust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<snip>
>> ...from discussions on the list
>> recently, and seeing some of the photos posted, I started looking at the
>> Tamron 90mm lense, and ended up with (all ex+ to LN):

>> - - Tamron Adaptall 2 mount which says "OL" and looks like it is safe for
the
4T (US$16)
>> - - Tamron SP 90/2.5 52B BBAR MC with case and instructions. This arrived
>> today and I'm still trying to figure out how to get the damned C*non
mount
>> off it!!! (GBP50 = US$80)
>> - - Tamron SP 90 Macro Tube 18F (US$26)

>> the question is, did I end up  buying the right combination at a decent
>> price, or did I mess it up and need to replace any, or all of the above?
</snip>