Re: [OM] Timing of the data - back trigger contact on OM2n Onwards

Subject: Re: [OM] Timing of the data - back trigger contact on OM2n Onwards
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:21:46 -0400
Or disable the shutter completely and use electronics to control the
start and stop of photon collection (1/4000 flash sync speed anyone?)

Or adjust the back focus via a glass element attached between the lens
and body ( probably would have to be unique for each focal length :-(  )

tOM

On Friday, September 12, 2003 at 18:25
Mark Dapoz <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Now, whether the circuit of a camera like an OM-4 would provide an
> > appropriate signal to activate a digital back or not, or if a
> > "mechanical" device like an OM-1 or OM-1n would be preferable, I don't
> > have any idea -- but I bet someone on the list will venture an opinion!
>
> I think this will be the least of the problems.  All CCD's in consumer
> cameras have a glass plate installed over them. As an example here's a
> photo of the CCD used in the Olympus D-510 camera (2.1MP):
>
> http://olympus.dementia.org/misc/D-510_CCD.jpg
>
> This glass plate would project well into the travel of the curtain in any
> of the OM bodies.  The CCD would either have to be modifed or some optics
> will need to be designed and placed in front of it so that the image at
> the film plane will be re-focused to the CCD plane.  Either option is
> difficult and likely not worthwhile.
>     -mark

---- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur ----
   ,__@ tOM Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:+1-775-307-4133
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)                ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714
safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too
much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
-Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826)