Re: [OM] Quick Poll, What supplements your OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick Poll, What supplements your OM?
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:18:02 -0400
At 11:40 AM 9/2/2003, you wrote:
>OK Wayne.. I have to say..  I hate you!!  ;-)  I thought the only thing I was
>100ure about was the purchase of a Pentax Spotmeter!!  I was going to buy one
>tomorrow!!  Grrr...  now you are making me reconsider that too!!
>
>If you've never seen analysis paralysis in action.. you are seeing it now!!
>grr...
>
>Albert..

Always willing to help out. :-) That's the problem, everything is a
tradeoff, which leaves room for skill and art. It is hard to make
equipment choices based on other peoples experience and opinions. I saw
how an experienced nature photographer worked, how he could look at a
scene and know what to meter and how much to compensate. Then it did
not seem to matter which camera system, but rather how can the camera
be made to follow vision. He also said I analyzed equipment too much
and should just go take some pictures.

I have a Sekonic L-508 meter. The most I have used it for was to check
the calibration of my camera's meter.

Wayne