Re: [OM] C5050 as a meter, was Quick Poll

Subject: Re: [OM] C5050 as a meter, was Quick Poll
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 10:41:26 +0100
- The best composition or framing (especially for a moving subject or macro shots) or moment will not have the best exposure.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. There is a 'best' exposure for any given composition, at least as much as there is one for any other composition.

I think Wayne means that if you take three shots of the same subject with three different exposures, inevitably the composition won't be the same for each (unless it's a static subject and the camera's on a tripod), and almost inevitably the composition you like best will be either the under- or over-exposed shot. This makes sense to me - I've proved this rule to myself empirically many times!

Roger