Re: [OM] Quick Poll, What supplements your OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick Poll, What supplements your OM?
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 12:15:43 -0400
Sounds like way more trouble than the results are worth -- in
other words, a solution only a gear geek could appreciate or
bother with.

Spot meters, like in the OM-4, or any other sort for that matter,
work really well IF, and only IF, you know how to use them
correctly.  It doesn't take a genius to learn to fairly quickly
spot 15%* gray equivalents in nearly any scene and meter off them
accordingly.

Of course, OTOH, 990f the time, an incident reading with a GOOD
meter is still better, assuming once again you have slightly more
than just a glimmer of a clue about what you're doing.

*Recent studies indicate that the world at large, and everything
in it, on the average, actually comes out to 15 0ray instead of
the 18% we've been led to believe in for years.  Like 3% really
makes a difference!

Walt, who is only 10 0ray, and that's mostly in the beard.