Re: [OM] Proof sheets from flatbed.

Subject: Re: [OM] Proof sheets from flatbed.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:34:35 -0700
I thought that the answer was that he moved the fim holder sleeve on the platen, scanning only part of the whole sheet at a time? That's what he referred to with the phrase "move and scan",I believe. So the answer is that process is how he gets around limitations of equipment. At least that's how I read it.

And you are right, the problem is the limited size of the 'overhead' light for transparent subjects. My old flat-bed scanner died, so I bought a new one after some research. It turns out to have a holder for 2 sildes and another for a strip of film, maybe about six frames? Then it has this small illuminator for the 2 sildes or probably 3 frames on one end of the strip. I guess one flips the strip around for the other end? I would know more, but have a film scanner.

Moose

Chuck Norcutt wrote:

Bill answered:
move and scan part II.  Tell me what I am missing............??
......and I'll go OOOOOPS or try again.
Ok, I'll go OOOOOPS and try again. To clarify, my question has never been about process but about equipment. Even if you can only scan 6 strips at a time instead of 7 that is still a very unusual capability for a flatbed scanner.

So, my question is: What specific scanner and transparency adapter are you using to be able to scan such a large transparency. As Chris replied, even his high-end Epson can only do 2 strips at a time (presumably because the transparency illuminator doesn't cover the full width of the scanner).