Re: [OM] Lens caps

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens caps
From: whunter <whunterjr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 01:35:03 -0400
Before you spend a lot of money on 'sophistication' give C.H Ling a chance to post just how simple and lo-tech a 'hot box' can be. His idea is great. Offline, he and I exchanged some useful notes. He is free to add my notes on just how simple and cheap and easy silica gel can be. The answer is probably BOTH. A simple food warmer or homemade storage 'cooler' with a 10 +/- Watt bulb mounted inside and a thermometer to monitor; then, cheap bulk silica gel stored in cotton socks and quickly dried in a microwave for travel. Insurance need not be expensive.
Bill