Re: [OM] Lens caps

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens caps
From: whunter <whunterjr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:55:28 -0400
Quick emphasis: As stated, TOTALLY concur with Ling's choice in a local environ. (40-50 is C°?) Diff strokes for diff fok at diff latitudes and travel versus home storage. My prior post was to provide fair warning that a Zuiko in and out of a 'ziplock bag' for a week or more in a tropical environ short of an elephant (What Elephant!!) for transport of the hot box may lead to tears. Silica Gel WORKS if in the proper geometry and VERY easy to regenerate and VERY cheap. Results can be misleading if packaged in the typical retail plastic containers. Discussion is good for me leading to a quick review of regeneration methods, etc. easily found with Google. Will post if any interest. The ideal is probably wise use of BOTH methods matched to needs. Either too hot or too dry will keep your Zuiko spry!!

Have utilized a very quick 'home invention' method for drying Silica Gel which works for me. Before I really get myself in trouble, sent a note of inquiry to a major supplier as to 'validated' methods. If anything useful will post. Time I checked on my madMax method anyway!!!

best,
Bill