Re: [OM] printer woes

Subject: Re: [OM] printer woes
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 06:12:15 +0100
Mike

At the end of the printer head's run is a little "well" with some absorbent material. I think that the print head dumps a little ink here during the cleaning process. Obviously this can fill in time. Try to soak some of the ink up from this well. Tissue or industrial paper tissue does best for this.

The print head is in the cartridge, for the most part. If it is covered in surplus ink, that will be transferred to the paper. Take the cartridge out and clean the nozzles; let the nozzles dry then replace the cartridges and run a couple of sheets of old paper, preferable soft, absorbent stuff, through the printer. I normally don't print on this old paper, I merely press the paper feed button a couple of times.

I hope that this is successful, but your third-party cartridge(s) might be the problem.

Chris